about set actual position command and set target position

I notice that"set actual position sets the Actual Position to the value specified by the Requested Position parameter, and adjusts the Target Position by the same amount This can be done even while the axis is in motion, without any adverse effects.
. "
"set target position sets the Target Position to the value specified by the Requested Position parameter, and adjusts the Actual Position by the same amount. This can be done even while the axis is in motion, without any adverse effects.
"

From the explain of them, I think the function of them is same. I can’t find the difference between them.

value specified by the Requested Position parameter is set actual position and target position in the two command.

They are very similar. For example, consider the case where the current Target Position is 300, and the current Actual Position is 296.

If you want the current Actual Position to be adjusted to 100, then you would send the Set Actual Position command with the Requested Position of 100. The Actual Position will become 100, and the Target Position will become 104.

If you want the current Target Position to be adjusted to 100, then you would send the Set Target Position command with the Requested Position of 100. The Target Position will become 100, and the Actual Position will become 96.

In addition, there are some axes types that only have an Actual Position, and some that only have a Target Position, so there must be the two different commands.