sine pausing and continuing at a random position

Hello everyone,

In a qua-static application, user wants to pause sinusoidal motion when he sees a crack. And then he wants to continue from exactly the same position he paused. The frequency is about 0.01 Hz.

I thought that i will start a new sine from where it stays (Starting angle 0, 90,180 or 270 according to the direction when it stops), and change offset and amplitude parameters on the way. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I guess transition rate may handle my problem. just i need to check starting angle.

Yes, the Transition Rate command is the way to go. For a soft start, it possible to start the sine with zero amplitude, then use the Change Target Parameter command to adjust the amplitude.

Hello Everyone,

Attached you can find the sample program for sine pause and start at random position. There is only a lag at command 28 in order to start at the same speed and angle with the changed target sisusoidal motion. It only waits according to the angle it is paused. For example if it is paused at 270 degrees, it takes 270/360 * Period of the signal.

Thank you Jacop.

Beyond that i would like to ask another question. i have an application where i will use 8 analog channels, 8 IOs and only one axis but dual control (Both force and position). In the application i should both monitor analog channels and sometimes change motion according to their values. In catalog it is said that only 4 expansion module can be attached to RMC 70. I need for this application;
1 MA1
1 D8
1 AP2
3 A2
can i build that configuration at once.

And another question about analog signals.

In some application it is not necessary to measure all channels at the same time. So i plan to use an multiplexer. With the help of D8 3 output pins , i plan to measure 8 analog channels. But i am not sure what will be the settling time for signal, and what should be the frequency of switching between channels.

And at last but not least, Please consider changing analog signal resolution of modules. For example i have an application with an LVDT. In standart it says that there should be a linear motion 0.002 mm per minute. And motion takes above 5 mm for sometime. So ineed to use an 10mm LVDT. it is 0-10 volt son resolution drops to 15 bit which makes in micron around 0.3. So even if i try my best there occurrs a profile like a ladder. I am a fan of Delta but only at this point i wish a development.
specialMove_actuator1.rmcprog (22.7 KB)

The RMC75E can only have 4 expansion modules, so the only option for that many analog inputs and Discrete I/O is the RMC150.

If you switch analog signals via the Solid State Relay outputs on the D8 module, the SSRs are the slowest component and as listed in the datasheet, the propagation delay can be up to 1.5 msec.

We are currently working on much increased resolution for future analog inputs. I think it will be 18 bits, with oversampling, so the effective resolution will be greater.