RMC75E-QA2 and Mitsubishi MR-J3 servo amp

Designing a motion system and want some tips? Run into a problem? Talk about it here!

RMC75E-QA2 and Mitsubishi MR-J3 servo amp

Postby dminerath » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello,

I am using a RMC75E-QA2 controller to drive a Mitsubishi MR-J3-350A4 servo amplifier in speed control mode. I have the rotary axis set up in the RMC and can read the servo position, but I can't move it, using either closed loop or open-loop commands.

If I use the direct command on the RMC to run the control output to soem small voltage, say +3 VDC, I can see the input on teh servo amp using Mitsubishi's MR Configurator2 software. I suspect that part of the problem lies in the servo amp's need for a forward/reverse motion command input.

Has anybody else tried this particular combination? If so, how did you get it all to work? This is my first project using an RMC controller and Mitsubishi servo amp, but have to believe that I'm not the first to tie the two together.

Thanks,
Dave
dminerath

Re: RMC75E-QA2 and Mitsubishi MR-J3 servo amp

Postby Jacob Paso » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:11 am

I have not used the MR-J3, but according to section 3.6.2 of the MR-J3 manual, the Forward Rotation Start (STR1) and Reverse Direction Start (ST2) inputs define the speed polarity based on the +/-10V input signal. At least one of the ST1 and ST2 inputs must be high, or the servo will be locked.
Jacob Paso

Postby dminerath » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Yes, I discovered that yesterday, and got the motion commands to work. I also ran the servo on (SON) input through the Enable + and Enable - and that works now too.
dminerath

Postby Himanshu » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi,
Did you used both Motor and Amplifier from Mitsubishi?
Himanshu

Return to Motion System Design