Log a trend to a file continuously using LabView?

Hello,

I’m looking for an example of continuous logging to a file in LabView for a testing system we are working on. The Delta example provided in LabView is very nice but while it has a button to save data to a file, it is currently not implemented.

My hope was to setup a plot in RMCTools and then just use the RMC Read Trend block in LabView to spit out the data that I could log using the Write Measurement to File block. But the Read Trend block seems to spit data out in chunks so when it gets put into the data file it’s not in a format that can later be pulled out to show the graph.

Now I’m pretty new to LabView so I’m hoping I’m just missing something.

Any help or examples of continuously logging a trend to a data file in LabView greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Norm

You can use Indirect Data Map in RMC, assign the data you want to log in series.
Then, using "read floats.vi " in Labview and set the address which is same as defined in RMC.
Next, using “index array function” the data can be read individually.
Hope this can help you

Allen

1.PNG

Thanks,

I did it a little differently. By investigating the different sub-vi’s in the delta stuff I found the right manipulation of the output of the read plot block to be able to log and plot the data.