This example shows how to paste variable table information from an excel spreadsheet into the variable table in RMCTools. DWORDS and arrays (ex. REAL) make copying into the variable table somewhat difficult. Following this procedure, any properly formatted variable table info can be pasted from Excel into the variable table.
The project and Excel file used in this example are attached. If DWORDS and array data types are not used, steps 3, 5 and 6 can be omitted.
- Start with an empty Variable Table
Format the Excel data in the same format as below snapshot
Filter out the BOOL values in the Excel spreadsheet (only if the data contains DWORDS)
- Copy the Type column in Excel and paste into the first Type cell in RMCTools
- Cell to paste in is outlined in Red. Snapshot shows the variable table after all the steps are complete
- Remove the filter applied in Step 3
- Expand all the DWORDS and ARRAYS in the Variable Table (Click on the plus sign to the left of the variable name)
- Copy and paste the Tag Name, Retain, and Initial Columns individually