Here is a list of common reasons why the SLC5/05 cannot connect to an RMC via Ethernet using a MSG block. This is from http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/rockwellautomation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=18352&p_created=961683652. We at Delta have run into customers whose firmware was version 5, as noted below. Updating the SLC5/05 firmware fixed the problem.
Things to check when getting an error code 37 on the MSG. Error code 37 h is described as “Message timed out in the local processor”
- Incorrect node number, see target node
- Missing the 2nd rung of logic that is part of the MSG, See Ref. Manual Pub. 1747-6.15
- Increase the Pre Transmit Delay Time, ex. 50
- Too many MSGs being triggered at the same time (MORE THAN 4 MSGs)
- Old FRN. The SLC5/05 Series A requires FRN 5 and the SLC5/05 Series C requires FRN 3 in order to be able to communicate using EtherNet/IP
- The message is assigned to the wrong com port. ex CH1 instead of CH0
- The communication cable is defective or not connected to the processor.
- The channel configuration between the target device and the source are not compatable.
- The message errored the first time it ran and was not programmed to restart with the error and done bit unlatching the enable bit. ( used for SLC and Micrologix processors ) This will lock the error and the message until it is started again. Errors will clear automatically when the problem is
If you are communicating with a remote RMC, make sure you can communicate via TCP ports 44818 (Ethernet/IP I/O) and 2222 (CSP).